Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] BSM Quiz Answers (+ Oils lyrics)

Jeff and Jane Scott jscott@iinet.net.au
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 16:49:01 +0800

At 17-04-03 05:40 PM +1000, Alister Thomas wrote:
>At 11:46 PM 16/04/2003 -0400, Kate Parker Adams wrote:
>>The town was Wittenoom
>
>Whereabout's in Oz is this?? I've often wondered whether the lyrics in
>blue sky mining were based on a particular time/place in mining history of
>if it were a general cry of dissatisfaction...

You can read about my 1998 visit to Wittenoom here:
http://www.deadheart.org.uk/discographies/blue_sky_mining/wittenoom.html

It's in Western Australia - see http://www.multimap.com/wi/10967.htm for a
map, which you can zoom out on to get the perspective of the
location.  There's also a map on the Dead Heart site above which shows
where a lot of the places mentioned in songs are to be found.

jeff...