Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] weirdest Oils song

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:09:53 -0400 (EDT)

--0-1829314331-1050430193=:83762

Great question Heidi. To most of the people I know (apart from my cyber chums on P'works) ALL Oils music is weird - know what I mean?
Tough to pick a single song as the weirdest. Musically the Oils are so diverse that just about anything could happen from one cd to the next, and it would all be good and would be smashingly well done - such chops!
I guess the experimental sound of "Somebody's Trying ...'" as already mentioned. I find TRT song a bit weird for some reason, and "When the Generals Talk" strikes me as a bit unOily, even though the message is pure Oil, the vibe of the song is a bit poppy (weird?) to my taste. Is weirdness in the ear of the beholder?
cheers,
bruce in calgary
 Heidi Shenk <nedkellytheking@hotmail.com> wrote:Hey guys,

I was listening to all of my Oils songs on random (this includes all
bootlegs and albums and everything) this weekend and one song that kept on
coming on was 'Somebody's Trying to Tell Me Something.' I started to think
about it and I think that I'd have to vote that the weirdest Oils song ever.
The chorus..."somebody's out there somebody's waiting..." is probably what
freaks me out a bit. Sometimes I wonder where they even got the idea to
write such an undescribably weird song. But none the less I still like it
because I don't think there is one Oils song I don't like. Anyways...I was
just wondering what other people thought was by far the weirdest Oils that
they have ever heard and why.

Heidi

'Put down that weapon or we'll all be gone,
I must know something to know it's so wrong'
-Midnight Oil

--0-1829314331-1050430193=:83762

<DIV>
<P>Great question Heidi. To most of the people I know (apart from my cyber chums on P'works) ALL Oils music is weird - know what I mean?
<P>Tough to pick a single song as the weirdest. Musically&nbsp;the Oils&nbsp;are so diverse that just about anything could happen from one cd to the next, and it would all be good and would be smashingly well done - such chops!
<P>I guess the experimental sound of "Somebody's Trying ...'" as already mentioned. I find TRT song a bit weird for some reason, and "When the Generals Talk" strikes me as a bit unOily, even though the message is pure Oil, the vibe of the song is a bit poppy (weird?) to my taste. Is weirdness in the ear of the beholder?
<P>cheers,
<P>bruce in calgary