Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Worst lyrics

Björn Blomquist bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 13:13:37 +0200

Well, my candidate for worst lyrics ever is "Stand by your man" by Tammy
Wynette. It's really awful, and considering that it's written by native
American-speaking person makes you wonder if she was 5 years old when
she wrote it? A Swedish child could do better than that!
I don't want to write the whole crap down here, so read and weep at:
http://www.lyricscafe.com/w/wynette_tammy/tammy04.html

OK, so she even had a co-writer for the song. What if she just composed
the music? If so, it's really good!

Magnus wrote:
> The worst lyrics by far the last 100 years is probably
> Melanie C's "If That Were Me":

> Anyone know if she wrote it herself? Or did she actually pay
> someone to do it?

I searched it up for ya, lazy bastard! It took me 5 seconds!
I didn't even know about that song, btw. I found this...
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.stuart/music/lyrics/ifthatwe.html

"If That Were Me

Written by Melanie Chisolm/Rick Nowels"

Still doesn't tell who wrote the lyrics though...
By the way, if you have this song on record, you should really have
looked in the booklet! ;-)

/Bjorn