Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] What lyrics!

Brian Jacobs suncrush@lycos.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 23:38:36 +1200

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:58:14
 Björn Blomquist wrote:

>...and this is pure genius:
>
>"Australia sha-la-la-la sha-la-la-la
>Australia sha-la-la-la sha-la-la-la
>Everyone walks around with a perpetual smile across their face
>Australia sha-la-la-la sha-la-la-la
>Australia sha-la-la-la sha-la-la-la"

Reminds me of that killer refrain from "Land of a Thousand Dances."

"Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na
I said
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na."

But it works.  And nonsense lyrics are okay, I think.  I cringe when you're trying to write decent lyrics and come up with "swim like lions through the crest and bathe yourself in zebra flesh." (Primitive Radio Gods)

BJ

---
Today, I heard George Bush say he wanted to go to war against Iraq to pursue justice.

I think George is confusing "pursuing justice" with "making people forget the economy stinks."

Tired of all the SPAM in your inbox? Switch to LYCOS MAIL PLUS