Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Fw: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

Miron Mizrahi mironmizrahi@yahoo.com
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:58:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

from what I could see (I get these bounces too) it looks like Andrei
has a cern.ch address that forwards to his real address. this is
called in internet mail lingo a "relay" - using a mail server to
deliver emails to an account not owned by the server. most mail
servers block relay since not doing so allows spammers to use your
mail server and you risk being blacklisted and blocked by others.
what I have also seen happen is that the domains which offer free
email accounts (e.g. yahoo, hotmail) are being treated as potential
spam source and some servers ban them

=====
Miron

What happened to this song we once knew so well
Signed promise for moments caught within the spell
I must have waited all my life for this
Moment moment (Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans)