Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The Boss

Jim Macdonald jsmacdonaldjr@yahoo.com
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 21:50:32 -0700 (PDT)

--- GrnVillageGirl@aol.com wrote:
> I am very familiar with Bruce Springsteen's work. The difference is that he
> writes mainly about personal relationships, while the Oils write more in the
> 'universal' sense.

This was a beautiful post.  I really appreciated it.  It crystallized what I was
thinking.  There are just a lot of really thoughtful people here, and it's fun to be
able to share this side of myself.  I've never had a friend who was a big Oils fan,
and my wife is a little bored to say the least!  I love the Oils, wish I was a
musician or a member of the band.  There's something magic there in that music, in
those raw beats, that reminds me of what we can be.  That's also exemplified well by
thoughtful posts like this.

Jim