Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] True confessions/Classic Rarities

Anna Offler aoffler@iprimus.com.au
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 21:54:36 +0930

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C261B9.7A1A8E80

Hey Jeff ,
Speaking of that era. I remember a guy at high had an LP by Pete Brown and
His Battered Ornaments - called  "A meal you can shake hands with in the
dark" complete with Cheap Thrills type cartoon on the back. CD's just can't
compete with that sort of artwork. Now that would be a collectors piece.
Lew And Anna
<Jeff wrote
Interesting question. Most valuable, meaning what it's worth in a "used"

market? The ones you cite were probably printed (and reprinted) in numbers

that would preclude any real collectible value. Valuable LP's are usually

those that gained cult-like following, or were "ahead-of-their-time", but
were

not released in large numbers and then discontinued. There were some bootleg

LP's issued in the 70's that also have some value. I have a couple of Happy

the Man LP's that are apparently worth some money. I also have a really cool

Electric Prunes LP called Mass in F Minor that had one song on the the sound

track to the movie "Easy Rider" (Man, I'm really showing my age now!), and I

think it has some value, as well, except it's also available as a CD now.

I still listen to my vinyl collection, but it's becoming less frequent.

The problem with collections like that is that they are not liquid. It's
hard

to find a buyer if you decide to sell. I guess there's always eBay . . .

Jeff

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C261B9.7A1A8E80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D220141912-21092002>Hey =
Jeff=20
,</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D220141912-21092002>Speaking of that=20
era. I remember a guy at high had an&nbsp;LP by Pete Brown and His =
Battered=20
Ornaments - called &nbsp;"A meal you can shake hands with in the dark" =
complete=20
with Cheap Thrills type cartoon on the back. CD's just can't compete =
with that=20
sort of artwork. Now that would be a collectors =
piece.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D220141912-21092002>Lew =
And=20
Anna</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D220141912-21092002>&lt;Jeff=20
wrote</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D220141912-21092002><FONT =
size=3D2>
<P>Interesting question. Most valuable, meaning what it's worth in a =
"used"</P>
<P>market? The ones you cite were probably printed (and reprinted) in=20
numbers</P>
<P>that would preclude any real collectible value. Valuable LP's are =
usually</P>
<P>those that gained cult-like following, or were "ahead-of-their-time", =
but=20
were</P>
<P>not released in large numbers and then discontinued. There were some=20
bootleg</P>
<P>LP's issued in the 70's that also have some value. I have a couple of =

Happy</P>
<P>the Man LP's that are apparently worth some money. I also have a =
really=20
cool</P>
<P>Electric Prunes LP called Mass in F Minor that had one song on the =
the=20
sound</P>
<P>track to the movie "Easy Rider" (Man, I'm really showing my age =
now!), and=20
I</P>
<P>think it has some value, as well, except it's also available as a CD =
now.</P>
<P>I still listen to my vinyl collection, but it's becoming less =
frequent.</P>
<P>The problem with collections like that is that they are not liquid. =
It's=20
hard</P>
<P>to find a buyer if you decide to sell. I guess there's always eBay . =
. . </P>
<P>Jeff</P></FONT></SPAN></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C261B9.7A1A8E80--