Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] What's wrong with you people?

Anna Offler aoffler@iprimus.com.au
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:41:35 +0930

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C259DC.006FCF80

As one of those who "bagged" Breathe I should add of course I listen to
songs from it quite often. I have a few CDs where i have mixed and matched
tracks from various albums, including Common Ground, Bring On The Change and
Time To Heal on one. That CD has some full bore stuff from RW followed by
these more introspective works from Breathe and other albums as a contrast.
I bless the day I finally got a PC at work with a Cd Rom and soundcard.
Makes work go so much better.

Its just interesting to get other peoples thoughts and sometimes it makes
you listen to some tracks in another light.

To paraphrase Roy and HG "Too much Oils is never enough"

Lew and Anna

<Lina wrote

<Steve,

I am not offended by your comment at all.

As a matter of fact, I am with you!  I really don't have the so called
"least favourite" album by Oils, just sometimes I tend to listen to some
more than others.  And the favourites change too, it all depends on my mood.
I have never been to Australia yet, but that is one place I would love to
visit one day, hopefully soon!  And Oils definitely paint that amazing land
in their music, and they do such an excellent job at it, that it makes me so
much more wanting to go there.

One thing I know, is that me and my family are so spoiled by Oil music, than
when we (especially my husband now) listen to other bands, we finally came
to the conclusion, that no-one can even come close to Oils.  Like for
example, I played one of the newer Steppenwolf CDs yesterday, and my husband
listened for a while, then said...ok, they are good, but the drums need a
lot more, a lot more...then...he said....They need someone like Rob !

  stephen.wood@stockford.net wrote:

  I rarely post to this list, but I just have to speak up at this point.

  Firstly it sounds like I am the only fan out there that loves EVERY album
  they have done and see it all as trying different things and stretching
how
  far they can go as musicians and as a band. A band like Creed or
Nickelback
  can't produce 2 songs that sound different let alone 15 albums. To quote
  Peter Garret, you to evolve as a band or you will just go stale and die.

  To those of you talking about how the band "just isn't together" on the
  blue album or how they are just trying to play as fast as they can etc.
  etc.

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C259DC.006FCF80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D280065711-11092002>As one =
of those who=20
"bagged" Breathe I should add of course I listen to songs from it=20
quite&nbsp;often. I have a few CDs where i have mixed and matched tracks =
from=20
various albums, including Common Ground, Bring On The Change and Time To =
Heal on=20
one. That CD has some full bore stuff from RW followed by these more=20
introspective works from Breathe and other albums as a contrast. I bless =
the day=20
I finally got a PC at work with a Cd Rom and soundcard. Makes work go so =
much=20
better.</SPAN></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D280065711-11092002>Its just =
interesting=20
to get other peoples thoughts and sometimes it makes you listen to some =
tracks=20
in another light.</SPAN></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN =
class=3D280065711-11092002>To&nbsp;paraphrase Roy=20
and HG "Too much Oils is never enough"</SPAN></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><SPAN class=3D280065711-11092002>Lew and=20
Anna</SPAN></FONT>
<P><SPAN class=3D280065711-11092002><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&lt;Lina =

wrote</FONT></SPAN>
<P><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2><SPAN=20
class=3D280065711-11092002>&lt;</SPAN>Steve, </FONT></FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am not offended by your comment at all. =
</FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As a matter of fact, I am with you!&nbsp; =
I really=20
don't have the so called "least favourite" album by Oils, just sometimes =
I tend=20
to listen to some more than others.&nbsp; And the favourites change too, =
it all=20
depends on my mood.&nbsp; I have never been to Australia yet, but that =
is one=20
place I would love to visit one day, hopefully soon!&nbsp; And Oils =
definitely=20
paint that amazing land in their music, and they do such an excellent =
job at it,=20
that it makes me so much more wanting to go there. </FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One thing I know, is that me and my =
family are so=20
spoiled by Oil music, than when we (especially my husband now) listen to =
other=20
bands, we finally came to the conclusion, that no-one can even come =
close to=20
Oils.&nbsp; Like for example, I played one of the newer Steppenwolf CDs=20
yesterday, and my husband listened for a while, then said...ok, they are =
good,=20
but the drums need a lot more, a lot more...then...he said....They need =
someone=20
like Rob ! </FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> </FONT>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; =
<B><I>stephen.wood@stockford.net</I></B>=20
wrote: </FONT>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px =
solid"><BR><FONT=20
  face=3DArial size=3D2>I rarely post to this list, but I just have to =
speak up at=20
  this point.<BR><BR>Firstly it sounds like I am the only fan out there =
that=20
  loves EVERY album<BR>they have done and see it all as trying different =
things=20
  and stretching how<BR>far they can go as musicians and as a band. A =
band like=20
  Creed or Nickelback<BR>can't produce 2 songs that sound different let =
alone 15=20
  albums. To quote<BR>Peter Garret, you to evolve as a band or you will =
just go=20
  stale and die.<BR><BR>To those of you talking about how the band "just =
isn't=20
  together" on the<BR>blue album or how they are just trying to play as =
fast as=20
  they can etc.<BR>etc.<BR></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C259DC.006FCF80--