Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] [Vid: Fw: Kink 1877]

Tari, Vince fstariv1@NMHG.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 00:37:42 -0500

> Am I Wrong? I doubt it, remember that the WHO asked the Oils
> to open their
> ENTIRE US tour in 1981 and they turned them down since they
> didn't have
> anything available in the states to promote or anything.
> Would they come all
> that way to open for some reggae bands when they turned THE
> WHO down????
>
> Oilman

They've got a habit of turning down the support slot for major acts those
Oils.
I recall during a PG/Bones interview, PG said that they were offered the
Tina Turner world tour support during the BSM era, but knocked it back.
Reason being was that they didn't want to spend extended amounts of time
away from home.

Man, what were they thinking when they said no to the Who !!!

vince