Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] RE: Breathe bashing

Seth Cooper cooperseth@hotmail.com
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 23:18:33 +0000

I love this track, too.  I think it is fine that the band wrote a song with
some "lite-weight" lyrics, it has a great mellow vibe, and it IS about
enjoying the natural world, a part of it that the Aussies especially seem to
love, so I don't think is an "un-Oils" lyric. (Not that anyone said it was)

I guess also it reminds me of when I was younger and lived on the East Coast
(USA) and spent many summer weekends at the beach.  Swimming in the surf in
the moonlight with a certain girl is a great memory of mine.

SDC