Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] RE: Breathe bashing Surf's Up!

LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:15:03 +1000

Thanks Mike, and yes i've been to that place many times, i can't count how many times i've cranked Surf's Up & Underwater in my car on the way home
from a surf, i know exactly where they were coming from.
I've actually written a song myself (all be it not real good) on exactly the same tangent as Surf's Up, simply titled 'I wanna Surf' the lyrics came
to me while sitting on my bodyboard out the back at Curl Curl beach Sydney, surfing does that to people it's very spiritual and opens your mind which
is how i can understand how the lyrics for this song must have come to them especially with Pete and Rob being keen surfers as they are!
I recommend you get yourself a bodyboard and just get out there and have fun, get a few video's of a guy named Mike Stewart and you'll be inspired i
guarantee it!

Cheers!

IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
PH: (02) 9805 2384
FAX: 1800 352227
E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au

                    "M West"
                    <mwest@columbus.rr.com>        To:     powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
                    Sent by:                       cc:
                    powderworks-admin@cs.co        Subject:     Re: [Powderworks] RE: Breathe
                    lorado.edu                     bashing Surf's Up!

                    10/09/2002 05:04 AM

Ian, I have to agree... I love Surf's Up.
I have an mp3 of them playing it on acoustic guitars
for a radio station in New York that sounds awesome.
I love the beach...my wife and I were coming back
from baking ourselves on a beach near Lake Erie
and we put in Breathe.
She commented on how great the album sounded.
That's it...put yourself in that place.
Listen to Breathe while driving home from the beach
and maybe you'll get to that place they were writing about!
--
Mike
(some day I'll learn to surf)