Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Breathe bashing

LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 14:59:33 +1000

I think most on the list would agree that when we say Breathe is our least favourite album we're not saying we don't like it, infact two of my
favourite Oil's songs (which is a long list) are on Breathe (Underwater & Surfs Up Tonight) i think because i love the surf and these songs i can
really relate to!
I'd have to say that it's the album with the most songs of the Oil's i like the least, though i would never decline it if it was the only Oils album
available to listen to.
That's my thoughts!

IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
PH: (02) 9805 2384
FAX: 1800 352227
E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au

                    "Varina Crisfield"
                    <ghostie@snail-mail.net        To:     powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
                    >                              cc:
                    Sent by:                       Subject:     [Powderworks] Breathe bashing
                    powderworks-admin@cs.co
                    lorado.edu

                    09/09/2002 03:17 PM

Wow, Breathe sounds like the all-time least popular album. I think
that's a pity and agree with the others who believe that it's a
wonderful album. I love the rough edged, grinding guitar sound and
the calm reflective vocals. Breathe has its own special groove.
And I may be the only person who doesn't find it to be a challenging
album and who liked it right from the start. I found the album to
have a sort of "open", inviting quality to it, and fell in love with
Underwater and E-Beat right away (2 of my favorite tracks from all
the albums I have!).
I admit, when I'm not into it it doesn't do much for me. But when I'm
in the mood, this album is magical.

Varina

Care2 make the world greener!
Your Actions Can Help!
Support Strong Environmental Protections
http://www.care2.com/go/z/2532