Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Non-singles from each album

Andy Gillcrist andrewg@nwlink.com
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 20:53:41 -0700

I'm not sure why the distinction is being made between singles and
non-singles, and without looking them all up on Deadheart, I don't know
which were and weren't singles anyway.  (Okay, now you all know my deep dark
secret.  Can I still be a fan and hang out here and stuff?)

My faves:

Blue:  Surfing With a Spoon
Head Injuries:  Stand In Line
Bird Noises:  Wedding Cake Island  (kinda like Bakerman in that it's so
un-Oily)
PWaP:  Armistice Day  (also, Love's On Sale -- reminds me of Rock Lobster by
the B-52's)
10 to 1:  Power and the Passion / US Forces / Read About It / Short Memory
(4-way tie)
Red Sails:  Best of Both Worlds / Minutes to Midnight / Kosciusko /
Harrisburg (another 4-way tie)
Species:  Hercules (no contest, though Blossom and Blood is a close second)
Diesel:  Sell My Soul (no, Put Down That Weapon... no, Dreamworld... no,
Sometimes... hell, they're all great!)
Blue Sky Mining:  One Country (or maybe King of the Mountain)
E+S+M:  Now or Never Land (then Renaissance Man or My Country)
Breathe:  Barest Degree (and Underwater)
Redneck:  The Great Gibber Plain (followed by Cemetery In My Mind and Seeing
Is Believing)
The Real Thing:  Spirit of the Age (also that great version of US Forces)
Capricornia:  Tone Poem (and, of course, Golden Age)

This was harder than I thought!  Tough to pick just one song from each
album... so I didn't.  :)

	Andy