Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Sony Music website info: European Capricornia & Tour

LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au LLOYD_Ian@canon.com.au
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:25:39 +1100

Has anybody heard the bonus tracks?

IAN LLOYD - National Sales Admin. Team Leader
CANON - Business Imaging Solutions Group
Level 2, 1 Thomas Holt Drive, North Ryde 2113
PH: (02) 9805 2384
FAX: 1800 352227
E-MAIL: lloyd_ian@canon.com.au

                    afromme@gmx.de
                    Sent by:                       To:     Powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
                    powderworks-admin@cs.co        cc:
                    lorado.edu                     Subject:     [Powderworks] Sony Music website
                                                   info: European Capricornia & Tour

                    30/10/2002 01:10 AM

Nicole thankfully pointed me to the Sony Music Germany website, which now
has the following info:

"Bad news for German MO fans: The December tour during which the band was to
play Munich, Stuttgart, Oberhausen, Berlin and Hamburg, has now been
completely cancelled. We do currently not have any information about the reason for
this cancellation. We do hope to be able to announce new tour dates as soon
as possible."
" 'Capricornia' will be released in germany on November 18th and will
include the Bonus tracks 'Kiss that girl', 'Pub with no beer' along with a number
of videos in a CD-ROM section."

Also, it says that "Golden Age" will be released as a single, at least in
Germany.

For those who'd like to read the original German version of
this:
http://www.sonymusic.de/news.php?news=00007579deunew20021021111308&lang=deu&ze=nbm

So quite obviously, Sony are quite eager to see them tour in Europe again
and it's safe to assume that they were NOT the ones behind the cancellation.
At least there's hope in that sentence about "new tour dates as soon as
possible"
At least, we get a new song that I don't think anybody has heard of yet.
(Along with the B-Side song 'Pub with no beer'.)

hope this information is a little uplifting...

andré

p.s.: what is VERY strange is that they apparently haven't even told their
record company about the reasons for the cancellation... extremely weird.