Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC: peace march in Washington, DC

Glitch sena.reisenweaver@verizon.net
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:36:30 -0500

I'm sorry to clog p'works with this, but Tom Davies mentioned he had been at
the peace march.
Jim: thanks for the account of the day you provided on powderpolitics.
Here's my thing: Tom says there were 100,000 people there - the biggest
rally since Vietnam.
I knew this was happening on Saturday, and I had wished I could be there,
but since I couldn't I turned on my TV to see the news coverage of the
event.
Guess what?  IT WASN'T ON THE NEWS.  None of the major news networks said a
word about it, not even in those damned scrolling headlines!  And when I
watched the evening news, again, NOT A WORD!!!!!!!  I was starting to think
it hadn't happened at all.  Then I get Tom's message that it did, and it was
huge.  Tell me, was the media even there?  Did anyone else hear about it in
any kind of news forum?  It wasn't in our paper either.
What about internationally?  Did any of you in other countries hear about
this?  This is a big deal, 100,000 Americans turned out to protest war in
Iraq.  Think of how many were not able to make it from all over the country.
Many of us don't want this war.  That is a message that needs to be heard,
and yet the media was silent.
I am so irate about this.