Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Catho #2

Luke Blackbourn lblackbourn@hotmail.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:20:38 +1000

<P>Thanks Ray</P>
<P>I had great intentions of&nbsp;writing the songlist to post, but somehow didn't get around to it. Fantastic gig- P&amp;P great, No Time for Games, &amp; haven't heard B&amp;Blood for a while. Tin Legs &amp; Tin Mines was intro'd by PG as an "Ode to George W".</P>
<P>Driving back to Canberra, at 12.40am Run by Night came on the radio -MMM. Kept me awake a bit longer!</P>
<P>Jim's beard is unbelievable-looks like he has a large rodent nesting on his face. Think Tom Hanks in Castaway, or Ned Kelly- he's not quite Rasputin, but getting there. The guy's a maniac. Blew em away in Short Memory though.</P>
<P>Hi to Krusty- I made it safely- stopped 3 times when I started to fall asleep. Got to work at 6.30am, had 3 coffees by 9.00am. See you on the 7th, 8th, 9th etc.</P>
<P>I'm just watching the service for the families of the bombing in Bali- just makes you realise that every deliberately inflicted death is a tragedy for those it affects &amp; comparisons regarding the scale are meaningless in that regard. Many of those lighting candles for family members were struggling to hold it&nbsp; together. They say possibly the hardest task psychologically is to bury your children.<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Ray Maras" <PRECIOUSDESIGN@HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: [Powderworks] Catho #2
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:12:50 +0000
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Redneck
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Mozzie
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Overpass
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Say Your Prayers
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Blossom &amp; Blood
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Generals Talk
<DIV></DIV>&gt;-------------------
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Tin Legs
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Luritja
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Beds 'R'
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Short Memory
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Blue Sky Mine
<DIV></DIV>&gt;-------------------
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Too Much Sunshine
<DIV></DIV>&gt;The Real Thing
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Some Kids
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Concrete
<DIV></DIV>&gt;The Dead Heart
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Forgotten Years
<DIV></DIV>&gt;===================
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Capricornia
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Power &amp; The Passion
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Best Of Both Worlds (on the setlist but, sadly, not played).
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Played 'swapsies' with Martin &amp; Bones, on the Motorway (M5), on the
<DIV></DIV>&gt;way home!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Met a VERY nice girl from 'the Gong'!
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Surf the Web without missing calls!&nbsp;Get MSN Broadband.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Powderworks mailing list
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Powderworks@cs.colorado.edu