Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] [Fwd: Coverage of Bali in the US media...]

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 00:30:37 EDT

--part1_d1.201eb572.2ae239ed_boundary

In a message dated 10/17/2002 11:21:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
craiggy@ozemail.com.au writes:

> I mean, if you reverse the argument, why should I care about some sniper in
> Washington? It is so far away from Australia, and in any case a result of
> childish gun laws. Maybe Australia shouldn't care about what happens to the
> US anymore.

At least you haven't heard any Americans say that Australia "had it coming"
or "caused this to happen,"  something which was said about the U. S. after
the September 11 tragedies.

--part1_d1.201eb572.2ae239ed_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 10/17/2002 11:21:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, craiggy@ozemail.com.au writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I mean, if you reverse the argument, why should I care about some sniper in Washington? It is so far away from Australia, and in any case a result of childish gun laws. Maybe Australia shouldn't care about what happens to the US anymore. <BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
At least you haven't heard any Americans say that Australia "had it coming"<BR>
or "caused this to happen,"&nbsp; something which was said about the U. S. after<BR>
the September 11 tragedies.&nbsp; </FONT></HTML>

--part1_d1.201eb572.2ae239ed_boundary--