Midnight Oil

Sv: RE: [Powderworks] M-One - Sydney

Mike Blackwood mikeb@cs.mun.ca
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 15:28:38 -0230 (NDT)

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002 CYakaAL@aol.com wrote:

> If their fans Mike, let them purchase tickets like the rest of us.
>
> AL

Huh?  I'm not sure what you're talking about?!  All I did was defend the
right of those who enjoy frivolity to be frivolous.  IE, if you're not
marketing your music as anything other than a pleasant diversion for
those who share your tastes, whay should you be called a sellout for
choosing to hook up with other forms of pop culture escapist
entertainment?  It might be crass and/or commercial opportunism, but
that's why its called an entertainment INDUSTRY. ;-)

I didn't know ticket purchases were even part of the discussion.

Hold together,
Mike