Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] European Capricornia track list

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:46:08 EST

--part1_67.2b350a0.2b0eca40_boundary

In a message dated 11/20/2002 4:57:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
oznut@swipnet.se writes:

> Easy now Andre! You don't want to imply that record companies are greedy
> bastards do you?
>
> My favourite lets-make-the-fans-spend scheme is when singles are released
> in different formats. Usually one cd single with 2 tracks and 2 different
> cdeps with 4-5 (different) tracks each!

Another one which I've recently noticed is to re-release CDs several months
to a year after the initial release with either bonus tracks or CD-ROM type
material to enhance sales, but it also entices the hardcore fans who already
own it to have to buy it again.

Mike

--part1_67.2b350a0.2b0eca40_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 11/20/2002 4:57:24 PM Pacific Standard Time, oznut@swipnet.se writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Easy now Andre! You don't want to imply that record companies are greedy bastards do you?<BR>
<BR>
My favourite lets-make-the-fans-spend scheme is when singles are released in different formats. Usually one cd single with 2 tracks and 2 different cdeps with 4-5 (different) tracks each!<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Another one which I've recently noticed is to re-release CDs several months<BR>
to a year after the initial release with either bonus tracks or CD-ROM type<BR>
material to enhance sales, but it also entices the hardcore fans who already<BR>
own it to have to buy it again.<BR>
<BR>
Mike<BR>
<BR>