Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Vote for the Oils!

Alister Thomas a_thomas@bigpond.net.au
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:40:04 +1000

At 17:57 12/11/02 +1100, [name removed] wrote:
>  Well Ok smarty! i do think the Oils are. lol.

My own opinion on this matter is that the Oils (great, though they are!)
aren't eligible for title of most influential artist of all time. I think a
more sensible assessment of their place in the history of music would be to
set their importance in the context of Australian music - in this sense I
would say that they're one of the most important (if not, *the* most
important) artist in the history of Oz music.

What do others think??

Alister

ICQ#  65523832