Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Melbourne night 1

Magnus Holmgren oznut@swipnet.se
Sat, 9 Nov 2002 7:28:36 +0100

Workers,

Another excellent set and performance last night. No requests (I think they are saving that for tonight) but we still got an incredible setlist. I really should have written it down last night, but this is an aproximate outline of the setlist:

-Rob up front
US Forces (with Peter starting it by himself)
Luritja Way
Short Memory
Beds Are Burning

-Rob at the back
Blue Sky Mine
Under The Overpass
Koala Sprint
Jimmy Sharman's Boxers
Too Much Sunshine
Golden Age
Kosciusko
The Real Thing
The Dead Heart
Truganini
King Of The Mountain
---
One Country
Been Away Too Long
Redneck Wonderland
---
Power And The Passion
Hercules

Bones and Jim looked slightly amused when people started singing the Dead heart chant for Koala Sprint. Some yobbos continued singing it even when Peter started his Koala rant. Lots of pushing and showing tonight, I had to make my way back but found it more enjoyable there anyway. The sound was better and everyone on the floor jumped and danced anyway, not just the first rows. It was fun!

Highlights were Jimmy Sharman's Boxers and the 15 minute version of P&TP. After the drum solo Peter started rapping something like "everybody in the house lift your feet" and then when Rob changed the rhythm to a more reggae-feel Peter did a good minute's worth of Bob Marley:

Get up, stand up: stand up for your rights!
Get up, stand up: stand up for your rights!
Get up, stand up: stand up for your rights!
Get up, stand up: don't give up the fight!

The boys were sure fired up at the end of the concert, but I'm pretty sure the Europe cancellation was due to them needing some rest after >1 year of touring. Especially Martin looks tired.

Night 2 coming up. I've got pre-written requests with me this time. :-)

Jim's beard is hideous. We are thinking about bringing "Free The Chin" flyers tonight.

Magnus

WebMail från Tele2 http://www.tele2.se