Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Peter

Bruce Robertson the_oil_fish@yahoo.ca
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 12:42:32 -0500 (EST)

--0-1414263849-1036777352=:72429

Yeah, he's a good head by any standard.

     In our limited contact with the man, what we found amazing was his ability to immerse himself completely in the moment. On stage he was a bundle of kinetic nerves, kind of scary truth be told. But  when we had the privilege of meeting afterwards, he was very gentle, and totally present as we spoke... know what I mean? he was engaged and not wondering somewhere while his face politely dealt with another fan. He is humble and pretty special in that way.

As for a PG memorial bust in NYC - I can't help thinking that he would somehow appreciate the pigeons...it would be so....him!

bruce in calgary

"And everyone's an island edged with sand
A temporary refuge where somebody else can stand
Till the sea that binds us like the forced tide of a blood oath
Will wear it down - dissolve it - recombine it"
~ (bruce cockburn)

 GrnVillageGirl@aol.com wrote:

I second the message about Peter's inability (or unwillingness) to mask his emotional state.
You really do know where you stand with that one, for better or worse -- and no, you DON'T want one of those negative looks thrown your way!
I remember looking at a contact sheet of head shots of him once and marveling at his bone structure, as well as his expressiveness. Someone should cast him as a sculpture sometime.
Oh, no, wait -- it wouldn't be Peter without his kinetic energy.
Maybe a hologram?!
(And then the pigeons couldn't get 'im either)
:-)

--0-1414263849-1036777352=:72429

<P>Yeah, he's a good head by any standard.</P>
<P><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In our limited contact with the man, what we found amazing was his ability to immerse himself completely in the moment. On stage he was a bundle of kinetic nerves, kind of scary truth be told. But&nbsp; when we had the privilege of meeting afterwards, he was very gentle, and totally present as we spoke... know what I mean? he was engaged and not wondering somewhere while his face politely dealt with another fan. He is humble and pretty special in that way.</P>
<P><BR>As for a PG memorial bust in NYC - I can't help thinking that he would somehow appreciate the pigeons...it would be so....him!<BR></P>
<P>bruce in calgary</P>
<P><FONT face=Verdana>"And everyone's an island edged with sand<BR>A temporary refuge where somebody else can stand<BR>Till the sea that binds us like the forced tide of a blood oath <BR>Will wear it down - dissolve it - recombine it"</FONT><BR>~ (bruce cockburn)</P>
<P><BR>&nbsp;GrnVillageGirl@aol.com wrote:</P>
--0-1414263849-1036777352=:72429--