Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] the aftermath

Jim Macdonald jsmacdonaldjr@yahoo.com
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 15:46:19 -0800 (PST)

I doubt we've hit rock bottom yet, and I'm not sure we'll know it when we do.  I
mean, if we can't remember as Democrats for 2 years that the Presidency was stolen
in 2000 and that the voice of the voters was disenfranchised, I don't hold out much
hope for us.  I'm not saying we won't win elections again.  Undoubtedly, we will.
What I'm saying is that the answers to the hopes and fortunes of politics are
blowin' in the wind.

Hopefully, for people like us, we'll be motivated by something less than dire
straits.  After all, our beds are burning right now, and we're sleeping just fine.
But, people like us at least have the advantage of seeing our Dali moment, that we
are at least aware that we are sleeping in burning beds.  And, what's worse, we know
it gets much worse.

I guess I'm wondering not what are we going to do about it, because I already sense
the answer is "not a damn thing," but what it is we want to do about it?  What kind
of world do each of the people here want to live in?

I want to live somewhere near my own Luritja Way.

Keep dreaming,

Jim Macdonald