Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Capricornia review

stephen.wood@stockford.net stephen.wood@stockford.net
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:13:15 +1100

Tom,

It might be nice for you guys in the states to hear the oils sing about the
'new era of american imperialism that is upon us', but remember, they are
Australian. As an Aussie, I love to hear the greatest band on earth singing
about my country (excuse the pun). Obviously the oils have sung about US
related issues before, but what happens at home has always been their main
focus.
The album may be getting rated lower by some reviewers because it is a very
Australian album which perhaps foreign reviewers can't relate to. The album
is very much an australian social commentary, much in the same way that
postcard (a truly awesome album) was and still is. Just my 2 cents worth.

Steve