Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Capricornia review

Tom Davies tdav@wam.umd.edu
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 14:21:49 -0500

3/21/02 7:24:58 PM, Bawolski@aol.com wrote:

>I found this link today to a review of Capricornia in the Washington Post.
>Unlike others I've seen it's not such a good one, but I figured people may
>want to read it
>anyway.

Thanks for the link. Seems like the reviewer formed his opinion based on the
fact that the album wasn't what he had expected from the Oils. A pity -- it
makes so much more sense just to put expectations aside and appreciate what's
there... but at the same time I do share the reviewer's opinion that Capricornia
is mostly politically vague and it would be nice to hear some songs about this
new era of American imperialism that seems to be upon us... of course, they
already made US Forces twenty years ago, and for that matter Short Memory...

best,

TD

p.s. Apologies to Bawolski for sending this twice...