Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Re: Golf?

Brian Huddell bhuddell@bellsouth.net
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:46:44 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C1D058.BCB62E40

Andrew Pye:

Greg Norman designed and built a golf course not more than 5km from my
house here on the Sunshine Coast. It had to pass strict environmental
guide lines and is now part of an important wildlife corridor in the
area it is in. Minimal impact on the environment was afforded and plans
were created and carried out according to the pre-construction
environmental impact study. It has an extensive drain and run off
system, along with other control mechanisms to control nutrient run off
during irrigation and heavy rains. While this may not be the case for
all course in all countries, it is for all golf courses on the Sunshine
Coast. I know these facts to be true as I was involved with the
construction of the course approximately 3 years go.

Personally, I find it extremely difficult to believe that a golf course
can be the cause of any significant environmental damage, and in many
cases, improves the quality of an area. This is an issue that, has for
the most part, has been created in some extremists mind. The
ridiculousness of it has me questioning the waisted 2 mins it's taken to
write this reply!

Anything else you'd like to know?

Nope, that clears it up nicely.  You have some specific experience with
a particular region, and you're satisfied with the way things are done
there.  Therefore, any environmental concerns must be the work of
extremists.

Thanks for the illustration.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C1D058.BCB62E40

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px =
solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader lang=3Den-us dir=3Dltr =
align=3Dleft><FONT=20
  face=3DTahoma><FONT size=3D2><SPAN class=3D100043003-21032002><FONT =
face=3DArial=20
  color=3D#0000ff>Andrew =
Pye:&nbsp;</FONT></SPAN><BR></FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>Greg Norman designed and built a golf course not more than 5km =
from my=20
  house here on the Sunshine Coast. It had to pass strict environmental =
guide=20
  lines and is now part of an important wildlife corridor in the area it =
is in.=20
  Minimal impact on the environment was afforded and plans were created =
and=20
  carried out according to the pre-construction&nbsp;environmental =
impact study.=20
  It has&nbsp;an extensive&nbsp;drain and run off system, along with =
other=20
  control&nbsp;mechanisms to control nutrient run off during irrigation =
and=20
  heavy rains. While this may not be the case for all course in all =
countries,=20
  it is for all golf courses on the Sunshine Coast. I know these facts =
to be=20
  true as I was involved with the construction of the course =
approximately 3=20
  years go. </DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV>Personally, I find it extremely difficult to believe that a golf =
course=20
  can be the cause of any significant environmental damage, and in many =
cases,=20
  improves the quality of an area. This is an issue that, has for the =
most part,=20
  has&nbsp;been created in some extremists mind. The ridiculousness of =
it has me=20
  questioning the waisted 2 mins it's taken to write this reply!</DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anything else you'd like to =
know?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D100043003-21032002><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#0000ff=20
  size=3D2>Nope, that clears it up nicely.&nbsp; You have some specific =
experience=20
  with a particular region, and you're satisfied with the way things are =
done=20
  there.&nbsp; Therefore, any environmental concerns must be the work of =

  extremists.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D100043003-21032002><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#0000ff=20
  size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN class=3D100043003-21032002><FONT face=3DArial =
color=3D#0000ff=20
  size=3D2>Thanks for the=20
illustration.</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C1D058.BCB62E40--