Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] KLOS interview of the Oils

Bawolski@aol.com Bawolski@aol.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 21:54:05 EST

--part1_13c.b326de7.29c953cd_boundary

In a message dated 3/19/2002 9:31:54 AM Pacific Standard Time, MoshD@aol.com
writes:

> Just wondering if anyone else listened to the interview of Midnight Oil last
>
> night on KLOS in Los Angeles?  It lasted an hour and the band played 6
> songs,
> Golden Age, Beds are Burning, Luritja Way, Dead Heart, Short Memory, and
> Tone
> Poem.

Yes I listened to it.  They sounded fantastic!  All the songs were done in
the
"unplugged" style.  Really made me appreciate what great musicians they are.
The question of what Luritja means was also answered.  Peter said it is an
aboriginal tribe and language type from the Western Desert area but it's (use
in the song) is kind of an expression of where paths cross and roads go on.

Mike

--part1_13c.b326de7.29c953cd_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 3/19/2002 9:31:54 AM Pacific Standard Time, MoshD@aol.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Just wondering if anyone else listened to the interview of Midnight Oil last <BR>
night on KLOS in Los Angeles?&nbsp; It lasted an hour and the band played 6 songs, <BR>
Golden Age, Beds are Burning, Luritja Way, Dead Heart, Short Memory, and Tone <BR>
Poem. </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Yes I listened to it.&nbsp; They sounded fantastic!&nbsp; All the songs were done in the <BR>
"unplugged" style.&nbsp; Really made me appreciate what great musicians they are.<BR>
The question of what Luritja means was also answered.&nbsp; Peter said it is an<BR>
aboriginal tribe and language type from the Western Desert area but it's (use<BR>
in the song) is kind of an expression of where paths cross and roads go on.<BR>
<BR>
Mike<BR>
<BR>
<BR>