Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Stuff

Glitch sena.reisenweaver@verizon.net
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 19:38:51 -0400

Hi All,
First off, Jim Moginie is a f**king GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahem.
After having listened to the US release of Capricornia, I popped in the Oz
release the other day and listened to it straight through.  It struck me as
much more cohesive w/out Say Your Prayers.  Much as I love that song, the
album as a whole felt better without it.  Better flow.  I didn't miss it at
all, in fact, the whole album hit me a lot harder and really made me sit up
and take notice.  I really love it!  Please disregard any comments I may
have made previously about the 2nd half being weaker.  I think the whole
thing is awesome!  Definitely strong, new, fresh, and very listenable.  I
absolutely love that stuff about

everybody standing in the treetops saying
where will you live?

This feels like something I would like to try to illustrate.  Any artists
out there who actually DO art instead of just thinking about doing it and
looking at their previous work like I do?
For those of you who have read this far, I am now going to clog your
bandwidth with my favorite musicians, in no particular order after the first
two:
Midnight Oil (of course)
Sarah McLachlan
U2
Phish
I also have a healthy respect for Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Ween,
Everclear, and Soundgarden.
And many others too numerous to mention and which I am too lazy to go look
at my CDs to figure out.  Tracy Chapman.  Chris Isaak - I think.
I have a new topic of conversation, who's your favorite member of *NSYNC?
Just kidding.
G'night,
--Glitch
"when will i be yours...when will i be mine?" - midnight oil