Midnight Oil

FW: [Powderworks] Well, about three or four of these came in today.

Jonathan Hart midnightoil@shaw.ca
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 21:18:27 -0700

MessageWe'll call it a draw.  :)

Potato, potato, tomato, tomato.  Let's call the whole thing off!

-----Original Message-----
From: powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu
[mailto:powderworks-admin@cs.colorado.edu]On Behalf Of Brian Huddell
Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 7:22 PM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: RE: [Powderworks] Well, about three or four of these came in today.

This is a little bit serious, I guess, in that this guy I don't know is
telling lies about me to people, some of whom I do "know" in the Internet
sense.  All I can say is that my account is accurate -- I said he appeared
"foolish" for not reading the message that he kept forwarding to us, to
which he responded "F*ck You!".  My next message to him was also my last.
It was extremely sarcastic but not obscene or threatening.  He wrote back
twice but I never responded.

Obviously I have all the messages to validate this, but I guess he could say
I forged the "F*ck You" message (the headers will bear me out).  He can say
whatever he wants, which is a little bit unnerving.  For the list's sake I'm
not going bother to defend myself in public after this because I know nobody
really cares, but I wanted to reiterate that I didn't harass this guy.  So
far the ratio of emails between us is 3 from him to me, 2 from me to him.  I
sarcastically called him a "genius" exactly 1 time.  Exactly as many times
as he said "F*ck You" to me.  I hope the rest of you find the idea of this
guy "politely" doing anything to be as laughable as I do.

I'm done with him, but be careful with this guy.