Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] more faves and not forgetting the oils

Eel Bonjack scissormansnip@yahoo.com
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:28:05 -0800 (PST)

I burned myself out on Capricornia. Don't get me
wrong, it surpassed my expectations. But I played it
too much.

sorta like if you like sushi and you eat it every day.
It gets boring like oatmeal. ah well. its my own
fault.

so is it album titles and web sites we like now?
well....I already told you about my favorite Oils, so
I won't repeat myself here

in no particular order-
Mr. Bungle -California
Man or Astro Man?-Spectrum of Infinite Scale
Dog Faced Hermans-Those Deep Buds
Pink Floyd-Piper at the Gates of Dawn (the mono
version is a blast if you can find it)
Primus-Pork Soda
Bon Jovi-Slippery when wet (hahhaha gotcha there
didn't I?)
The Clash- Sandinista!
James Kochalka Superstar-Monkey vs. Robot (also look
for "Don't Trust Whitey")
Tyro-Audiocards
Tom Waits-Bone Machine
Daniel Johnston-Continued Story/Hi How are You? (2
albums on one CD)
Ghost World-soundtrack
Tortoise-millions now living will never die
Glass Eye-Hello Young Lovers (quite obscure and out of
print, but a real gem)
The Acryllics-101 Elephant Jokes (shameless plug for
my band's upcoming release)

my favorite websites-
www.bulbo.com, www.alternativetentacles.com (has links
to the political stuff),
www.astroman.com,www.spumco.com,www.indyworld.com,
www.lesclaypool.com, www.peterbagge.com,
www.cinescape.com, www.americanfeedmagazine.com
those are the ones I look at the most, anyway.
Have fun, monkey boy! (or girl, no sexist I)

Just so you know I didn't forget the focus of this
list,I had a weird dream that Peter Garrett did a
commercial for something...for some kinda drink like
Red Bull, he never did any commercials, did he? okay,
I'll shut up now

=====
while most people have a conscious and a subconscious,
I operate on the level of subconscious and sub-subconscious.
-Harpo Marx