Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The Unsub chronicles

Brian Huddell bhuddell@bellsouth.net
Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:16:46 -0600

Pete:

> Attached find the chronicle of trying to help Dale get unsubscribed.
Ok, so maybe I was a bit > snide, but it seems others had the same sort
of thing to say to him.  Which of you Brians in
> the NW US is the "King of Sarcasm" anyways?

I'm truly ashamed to admit it, but that would be me.  BUT he's totally
misrepresenting our exchange.  For one, I never called him an idiot, not
once, let alone 75 times.  My first message said that he looked foolish
complaining to the list when the message he forwarded to us TWICE
contained the answer he was looking for.  "Foolish" was the word I used,
that's as harsh as it got.  In hindsight I regret it, but I can live
with it.  "Foolish".  I'm sure he's been called worse.  I know I have,
right Justin?

His reply was surprising in its eloquence:  "F*ck You!"  (without the
censorship).  So then I was angry, and then, yes, I was pretty sarcastic
in return, but NO obscenities and no actual name-calling (unless
"genius" counts).  Then he writes back TWO more times telling me to shut
up.  Which I did.  Interesting how he seems to do everything in
duplicate.  Maybe that contributes to the time-management issues.

Apologies to Tim for stepping in where it wasn't my place, but I've
learned my lesson.

cheers,

+brian