Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Laughing at the Oils/Best Venue/Bands I Like

Dan Heaton dnheaton@yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 06:44:40 -0800 (PST)

Hello. I'm going to cover a few of the recent topics
mentioned. First of all, if you think friends laughing
at you liking the Oils is bad, try working at a
college music station.  People are brutal!
Regardless, I played them anyway, but the snobbish
"music experts" usually scoffed at me playing the Oils
on my show.

In terms of venues, I would love to see the band
anywhere in Australia.  Even from hearing some live
shows, it's evident that the energy is through the
roof when they play at home.  In terms of the U.S., it
would be cool to see them at an impressive outdoor
setting like Red Rocks, or in a small club packed with
fans. This would be smaller than the House of Blues,
with only a few hundred people there.

Finally, in terms of music I listen to, the list would
be ridiculously long.  However, here's a sample of
what i'm been listeing to a lot of lately:

Guided by Voices, Bruce Springsteen, The Roots, Belle
and Sebastian, Erykah Badu, Bad Religion, The
Connells, Big Star, Lucinda Williams, Ben Harper, etc.
etc.

Cheers!

Dan