Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Corroboree

Matthew Cowdery Matthew Cowdery" <mcowd@mars.ocs.mq.edu.au
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:19:41 +1100

A corroboree is actually an Aboriginal dance party!

Most of the songs they sing and dance are traditional and deal with the
formation of the country, the dreamtime, the local laws, some exceptional
hunter or warriors exploits, those sort of things.

Matt

----- Original Message -----

From: "Stephen Scott" <nornirn@lycos.co.uk>
To: <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 11:07 PM
Subject: [Powderworks] Corroboree

Someone was asking what Corroboree was, after they had
read Zavier Herbert's Capricornia. It is a meeting of Aboriginal
elders of some sort, (please feel free to correct me if I am
wrong). It was also the name of a Split Enz album from the
early 80's.
Anyone got any news on whether the European disc will have
11 or 12 songs?
Cheers
Stephen
"This is a mad house..."