Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] other things

Bjorn Blomquist bjorn.blomquist@mbox301.swipnet.se
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:54:52 +0100

I'm tired of messages like these! It's not the first time we have someone who criticises those who have criticised the music of Midnight Oil.
If we are not allowed to criticise things that the Oils are doing, then what is the point with the Powderworks list? Being a fan doesn't mean that you have to love EVERYTHING about the band and their music.
We all have the right to express our opinions, but sometimes I feel like if you think that a certain song is "repetitious" or an album is "poorly produced" - which of course you are allowed to think - then you are considered "stupid", or like Jeff put it here, "out of your mind".

I have also said that I think 'Capricornia' IS a great album, but it doesn't mean I think it's totally free from certain details to criticise! ;-)

Sure, I could have some difficulties sometimes to express myself perfectly in the English language as I have been born a Swedish bloke - and that's not my fault!

/Björn

PS. I'm NOT going to reduce my criticism just to please those who don't agree with it.

PS2. "Dissenting" or not, the above message contains personal views of the author.

PS3. HV blå, HV blå, heja heja HV blå!!!