Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] MO site link

treespirit treespirit" <treespirit@bigfoot.com
Fri, 8 Mar 2002 21:27:56 +1100

Surely the  band must have an idea that nefarious activities are or are
likely to be discussed on the list. By putting the link on their site, what
is that saying about their feelings about it all?

C.

CABRAJ

Craig, April, Bethany, Shel (Rachelle), Amber, Joshua
----- Original Message -----
From: "Maurice R. Kelly" <mkelly@deadheart.org.uk>
To: "Travis Zanoni" <TravisZ@actf.com.au>
Cc: <powderworks@cs.colorado.edu>
Sent: Friday, 8 March 2002 8:57
Subject: RE: [Powderworks] MO site link

On Mar 8, Travis Zanoni wrote:

> Yeah but what if, say, one, possibly more, of the band members were
checking
> things out and were a little pissed off about a certain topic being
> discussed?  Is that a positive?  Just a thought....

Hmmmmm, I have a funny feeling that while you may be being vague when you
say "a certain topic," in reality you might be referring to the recent
demo incident. If not, my apologies for being overly suspicious, but if
I'm correct, then I would appreciate if you came out and said it.

Out of interest, I don't see much difference between a list archive being
visible to the band, and the fact that they are free to subscribe to the
list anyway. So I think you've made a bit of a moot point really.

I didn't say that every aspect of the list being publicly available was a
positive one. I just pointed out that it had been happening for a while,
and that it had it's positive sides.

It has negative aspects too - aside from the fact that (as Brigette
pointed out) our opinions, etc are on public display - there's also the
fact that we end up posting our email addresses over the web, thus opening
ourselves to spam.

Oh yeah - hi Jim, Rob, Pete, Martin and Bones - just in case you are
reading. ;-)

--
Maurice R. Kelly
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk