Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] more Chapel

tone poem taralys@hotmail.com
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 10:34:56 +1100

IMHO, Both TJS And SFK do excellent covers of the Oil's material. I happen
to love SFK regarldess, their album, 'echolalia' is rich and supurb (ref:
the gin blossoms) and I like TJS, their album 'the jet age' is pop/rock
sensibility and is listenable if not likeable. Sydney workers who listen to
the radio station Triple M would be familiar with original material from
both SFK and TJS, as they (and the Oils) are on the playlist at a 'regular'
spot.

Kudos to them for the Chapel gig. I would have loved more oils, but taking
what we can get, you couldn't ask for any more. Whether or not you
appreiciete the covers or the bands individually, you have to admire their
guts for even *attempting* to cover an oils song. (Would *you* do it?)

-ian.

Jane
>>As I stated yesterday I was disappointed that we didnt get to see more of
>>the Oils live at the Chapel. Having said that you cant really take it away
>>from Something for Kate and Super Jesus.<<

Powderlurker