Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] 3 points about cold live at the chapel

rick rickysan@speedlink.com.au
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 16:43:59 +1100

------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C1C2D2.9DEC14E0

You'll have to work on Danny a bit more and get him on the list Jo.He =
looks like he has the passion to feel right at home here.

     It's just not right having everyone sitting down at an oils gig.So =
he must have thought 'if i'm gonna be the only one standing up i might =
as well play air guitar too'.I like the boy.
    That's the spirit  (it's almost impossible for me not to play air =
guitar in that bit of Forgotten Years too)

   A good friend of mine who loves the Oils,loves The Secret Life Of Us =
so she'll be happy when i tell her that her passions are=20
mixing.

    I didn't mind too much them showing Something For Kate and The =
Superjesus as i like their versions on the tribute album,although i =
would have much preferred the whole hour of Oils.But it pissed me off a =
bit that they not only showed them playing their Oils covers but also =
one of their own songs each.I thought that was a bit much.Maybe that was =
part of the deal of them playing?

     I can't wait to see them again in October to hear the Capricornia =
songs live again.That would be a bit of a twist at an Oils concert for =
someone to shout out 'play some NEW stuff'!!!!!

          RICK