Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: San Fran 2001 and Chicago query

Helstad, Jonathan R APX HelstJR@HPD.Abbott.com
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 08:57:51 -0600

The July 4th Taste of Chicago show is an outdoor free event. I think there
are about 4000  chairs directly in front of the stage that are  first
come-first served hand stamp entry and behind the seating is a huge lawn
area to watch the show. There will probably be two other bands opening with
the first act on at 3pm. You would probably have to get there by 11am to get
the seats up front. See you there, Jon.

-----Original Message-----
From: graw [mailto:Graeme.R.Wyllie.1@nd.edu]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 11:49 AM
To: powderworks@cs.colorado.edu
Subject: [Powderworks] Re: San Fran 2001 and Chicago query

>Capricorns and others,
>
>The San Fran 2001 tree'd discs going around contain extra tracks on disc
>two from Newtown Theatre 18 July 2000.  Excellent quality, much better than
>State Theatre, Chris Abrahams keyboard work shimmers brilliantly
>throughout.   Some different tracks to what were broadcast on Pay TV in
>Australia, so I'm curious as to what the source might be.  Any clues?  The
>traders that have the full show may wish to speculate for the benefit of us
>all.  Unfortunately what was building to be an massive version of PatP is
>cut short.  On well.  This is the show where PG lost his voice but he
>battled on regardless.

Any chance any exceedingly generous member of the tree would be able
to burn me a copy of the SF discs. I'll recomp you with postage
and/or blanks as requested.
Email me off list if you want to be the good samaritan since I missed
the original offer if there was one

Also does anyone have any details about the 4th of July chicago show
- is this an open stage or ticketed or whatever?

g.

now playing: My Friend the Chocolate Cake - Brood

--
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day, and for once
I'm inclined to believe Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting