Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Start of tour, risks, John Entwistle, the Who, etc...

David A. Brass amt4all@yahoo.com
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 12:23:31 -0700 (PDT)

--0-395097595-1025378611=:26511

Sorry to upset anyone if I did with the earlier post.  Travelling is generally no more stressfull than staying put...I have recently found it to be less so.  However a friend with the same conclusions found out about the risks of travelling when returning to Cal from Dave Matthews band tour...stepped onto Flight 77 in Wash. DC on 9-11-2001 (crashed into the Pentagon).  Needless to say he never made it home.  So there are the inescapable inevitabilites...not that they are any greater.
I noticed that MidOil members seem to be in exceptional health too...
Have not seen the Who in years...last times were in 1982(Orlando, FLA) and 1989(Oakland, CAL) and were exceptional shows but, quite large (held in football stadiums).  I guess that thier resumption of tour is a good idea...who is filling in for John Entwistle???
I leave for 1st Eureka, CAL in 1 hour, then on 7-1 it's off to Chicago via SF...it's going to be a long but, scenic haul...using a Greyhound Ameripass for this tour...
Take care...will be able to do PW and other email using my cellphone's wireless web although my posts will be quite short...uisng a numeric pad to type with is hard and time consuming...
David A. Brass  Bellingham, Washington
  ALEXEI <alexeis@usa.net> wrote: Come on, Dave, take it easy, don't bury anyone yet, including yourself. The
limits of human endurance are unpredictable... somebody who consumes
cholesterol by spoonfuls may well outlive others, cautious about buying an
extra milligram of fat-containing food. Surely, the rock culture has its
excesses, temptations, etc. but then, what walk of life doesn't? Musicians
are not the only ones doing a lot of travel, and many of them treat touring as
not just an inexorable part of their lives, but also as a very pleasant and
natural thing to do... I'm not sure being a stay-at-home is healthier than
living through a constant stream of new, uplifting emotions, seeing new
countries, making small personal discoveries. Physically tiring, yes, but who
knows the secret ways of Mr. Adrenalin?

Midnight Oil are in fine shape, from what I saw. Bones looks... errr...
weathered but energy spills there as well.

I remember Rick Grossman to have said in a chat that John Entwistle was the
"driving force for me to start playing. His bass sounded like a jet plane
taking off."

Alexei

> It is simply the passing of the times. All the drugs, travelling, etc do
> have a cumulative effect. While drugs do not appear to be a factor for
> MidOil the others are inevitable. I hope I go out before any MidOil
> members do...David A Brass Bellingham, Washington

--0-395097595-1025378611=:26511

<P>Sorry to upset anyone if I did with the earlier post.&nbsp; Travelling is generally no more stressfull than staying put...I have recently found it to be less so.&nbsp;&nbsp;However a friend with the same conclusions found out about the risks of travelling when returning to Cal from Dave Matthews band tour...stepped onto Flight 77 in Wash. DC&nbsp;on 9-11-2001 (crashed into the Pentagon).&nbsp; Needless to say he never made it home.&nbsp; So there are the inescapable inevitabilites...not that they are any greater.&nbsp;
<P>I noticed that MidOil members seem to be in exceptional health too...
<P>Have not seen the Who in years...last times were in 1982(Orlando, FLA) and 1989(Oakland, CAL) and were&nbsp;exceptional shows but, quite large (held in football stadiums).&nbsp; I guess that thier&nbsp;resumption of tour is a good idea...who is filling in for John Entwistle???
<P>I leave for 1st Eureka, CAL in 1 hour, then on 7-1 it's off to Chicago via SF...it's going to be a long but, scenic haul...using a Greyhound Ameripass&nbsp;for this tour...
<P>Take care...will be able to do PW and other email using my cellphone's wireless web although my posts will be quite short...uisng a numeric pad to type with is hard and time consuming...
<P>David A. Brass&nbsp; Bellingham, Washington