Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] I haven't been able to read all the recent post s so I'm not sure whether this has been brought up bu

Kate Adams kate@dnki.net
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:15:37 -0400

Hmmm ... I'm not so sure a private backyard show thing would work.  It
takes at least a megawatt of airborne fan energy to get Rob grinning
intermittently, and the amount of crowd feedback needed to get the band
running properly is much more than your average family of Oil fanatics
could generate.

I'd be all for getting them to play the little park behind my house and
inviting my neighbors and local powderworkers to join.  I don't think the
deadheads living behind the park (which is a natural theater between two
small ledge outcroppings) would mind too much when they found out that Pete
and Bob Weir are buddies ... and our across-the-street neighbors who live
beside the park would be front stage.

The Oils at Victory Park, Medford MA USA ... between softball games of
course.  Neighborhood potluck cookout to follow.