Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Re: Bones sings on Luritja way

Tari, Vince fstariv1@NMHG.com
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 02:57:50 -0500

> Stephen Scott wrote :
>
> I think Antartica is the best (with no
> exception) closing song on any album.

Agree 100% !!!

>I think the Oils think
> long and hard
> about their track listing and it shows.

And it always seems to be the right choice too. Diggers, Neverland, Drop in
the Ocean, Lucky Country are further examples of quality closers. I could
not imagine any of the preceding tracks on the albums being more appropriate
than the ones they chose.

>I don't think I am
> the only person
> who turns Antarica up full volume at the end of the track to
> hear Jims
> superb piano solo. I would love to hear an extended version
> of that song
> with more piano at the end.

That piano solo, combined with what sounds like shifting icebergs, still
sends chills up my spine after all these years.........

cheers
vince