Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Kansas City, MO - July 09, 2002 - Beaumont Club

Analyzr analyzr@tds.net
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:18:42 -0500

--------------573747A4B39E8B539E8F0037

Anyone know if there is an opening band in Madison?  No mention on the
Barrymore web site.

"David A. Brass" wrote:

> Disk 1
>
> Bullroarer, Too Much Sunshine, Brave Faces(!!!), Put Down That Weapon,
> The World That I See(!!!), Written In The Heart(again!!!),
> ///(Acoustic Set) Luritja Way, Warakurna, Beds Are Burning, Now Or
> Neverland, Blue Sky Mining, ///(Back to Electric Set) Say Your
> Prayers, The Real Thing(!!!), Hercules(!!!), Golden Age, US Forces,
> The Dead Heart
>
> Disk 2
>
> Dreamworld/// (encores) One Too Many Times(!!!), I Don't Wanna Be The
> One(!!!)
>
> That was one fantastic show...as good as, if not better than, the
> Western CanAm shows I was recently raving about.  Also got seen by
> Bones while doing my "recording level check" after changing disks
> during Dreamworld.  He noticed my distraction and walked to the edge
> of the stage and look over the barrrier...I looked up to see him
> looking down on me...*got me this time*...and just simply smiled and
> stepped back.  WOW!!!
>
> Afterwards there was a after-show party that went on until 2am.  Got
> to meet Peter Garrett (told him I would see him in Madison), Rob Hirst
> (seemed to recognize me right off), Bones (told him the same as PG,
> and, needless to say, also recognized me right off), and Jim Moginie.
>
> I also recorded Will Hoge this time...also a good show.  Mark Nash's
> son got to participate in thier set by holding the microphone for Will
> during one of his songs.  That act seems to be quickly developing and
> is getting some very kind regards from Midnight Oil.
>
> The MD set from this one is simply incredible....
>
> Next stop...MADISON, WISCONSIN!!!
>
> David A. Brass  (temp)Kansas City, MO

> New! SBC Yahoo! Dial - 1st Month Free & unlimited access

--------------573747A4B39E8B539E8F0037

Anyone know if there is an opening band in Madison?&nbsp; No mention on
the Barrymore web site.
The World That I See(!!!), Written In The Heart(again!!!), ///(Acoustic
Set) Luritja Way, Warakurna, Beds Are Burning, Now Or Neverland, Blue Sky
Mining, ///(Back to Electric Set) Say Your Prayers, The Real Thing(!!!),
Hercules(!!!), Golden Age, US Forces, The Dead Heart
One(!!!)
CanAm shows I was recently raving about.&nbsp; Also got seen by Bones while
doing my "recording level check" after changing disks during Dreamworld.&nbsp;
He noticed my distraction and walked to the edge of the stage and look
over the barrrier...I looked up to see him looking down on me...*got me
this time*...and just simply smiled and stepped back.&nbsp; WOW!!!
Got to meet Peter Garrett (told him I would see him in Madison), Rob Hirst
(seemed to recognize me right off), Bones (told him the same as PG, and,
needless to say, also recognized me right off), and Jim Moginie.
son got to participate in thier set by holding the microphone for Will
during one of his songs.&nbsp; That act seems to be quickly developing
and is getting some very kind regards from Midnight Oil.
Yahoo! Dial</a> - 1st Month Free &amp; unlimited access</blockquote>

--------------573747A4B39E8B539E8F0037--