Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] NMOC...Yucca Mountain...article in Kansas City Star...

David A. Brass amt4all@yahoo.com
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 14:16:57 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1680908373-1026335817=:46390

With the passing (60 to 39 in favor) in the Senate of the Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Site...the plan for transport of this waste is detailed on the front page and a route map is shown.

THIS PLAN IS A POTENTIAL DISASTER...the only states that will not have tons of radioactive waste passing through on rail and/or by truck are Alaska, N&S Dakota, Montana, and Hawaii.  Since the upper great plains are already taken up with ICBM silos...it does not really matter.

N/S Highways I-5 to I-95 and W/E Highways I-10 to I-94 are all included most of them along thier entire lengths not too mention countless US/State highways and rail routes.

Even the town I reside (well, mostly) in...Arcata, California (they declared themselves to be "nuclear free in the early 80s) is included...there is an old and obsolete Nuclear Power Plant south of Eureka.  When I return there the protests will probably be going on in the downtown plaza.

Just thought I would pass this on...

David A. Brass (temp)Kansas City, MO