Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Milwaukee Show

StochasticGirl@aol.com StochasticGirl@aol.com
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 11:10:20 EDT

--part1_186.a4885a7.2a59b3dc_boundary

I came back sore and bruised from Summerfest last night, but all that stuff
is well worth it to see the Oils.

Set List:
Bullroarer
Too Much Sunshine
Renaissance Man
Put Down That Weapon
Truganini
Lucky Country
Luritja Way
Short Memory
Now or Never Land
Blue Sky Mining
Say Your Prayers
Golden Age
King of the Mountain
River Runs Red transition to Only The Strong
Dead Heart
Redneck Wonderland
Beds Are Burning
Dreamworld

Encore:
Read About It (that was it, only one song!)

***********
I got to Summerfest about 7:50 pm.  I had expected to get there earlier so I
was starting to get anxious on the bus ride over to the grounds.  I made my
way over to the Potowatomi Stage and it was already pretty packed!  I've
never been to a music festival this big so I didn't really know what to do.
I was sure that Indi and Todd the Oilman would be at the concert but I didn't
see anyone in the front row.  I finally found a seat in the second row and
parked my butt there for two hours.  (Going alone to a open-seating concert
makes it really tough to decide whether to go to the bathroom or lose your
seat!)

I was really confused for a long time because people just sat through the 8
o'clock act.  Were we expected to SIT for an Oils show?!?  But as soon as the
Chesterfields vacated the stage, people started to stand up and crowd around
the stage.  Finally, I saw Indi making his way through the crowd and Todd a
few rows back.

Right around 10 o'clock, the Oils came out!

Here's the fashion report for C-ko (since she couldn't make it) and any other
interested parties:  Nothing too interesting this time around...
Jim, sporting a full thick beard, wore dark shirts and dark pants.
Bones:  Dark shirt, zippered cargo pants (the kind that zip off into shorts)
Rob: his usual sleeveless red t-shirt (guess he needs room to flail his arms
about)
Martin:  wore a dark shirt over a T-shirt saying "Nuclear Waste Can Kill"
Peter:  red shirt with a nuclear waste logo, changed into an Amnesty Intl
shirt for encore.

The beginning of the show lacked that powerful energy I've come to expect of
them.  They were good, just not pumping with excitement.  It could have been
my spot in the crowd too - even though I was in the second row, I was
surrounded on three sides by people so stiff you wondered why they were even
up in front.

But with King of the Mountain, the guys really turned things up and rocked.
They kept throwing out these pounding songs - I could hardly keep my breath
with all the jumping and dancing.  The River Runs Red - Only the Strong
montage was awesome and a nice surprise too.

I managed to persuade a security guy to give me a set list.  Boy, there were
some guys miffed about that!

I'll be at the Madison show on Thursday, probably pretty early to get up in
front.  Young skinny asian girl looking really happy.

See you there!
Judy

--part1_186.a4885a7.2a59b3dc_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>I came back sore and bruised from Summerfest last night, but all that stuff is well worth it to see the Oils.
<BR>
<BR>Set List:
<BR>Bullroarer
<BR>Too Much Sunshine
<BR>Renaissance Man
<BR>Put Down That Weapon
<BR>Truganini
<BR>Lucky Country
<BR>Luritja Way
<BR>Short Memory
<BR>Now or Never Land
<BR>Blue Sky Mining
<BR>Say Your Prayers
<BR>Golden Age
<BR>King of the Mountain
<BR>River Runs Red transition to Only The Strong
<BR>Dead Heart
<BR>Redneck Wonderland
<BR>Beds Are Burning
<BR>Dreamworld
<BR>
<BR>Encore:
<BR>Read About It (that was it, only one song!)
<BR>
<BR>***********
<BR>I got to Summerfest about 7:50 pm. &nbsp;I had expected to get there earlier so I was starting to get anxious on the bus ride over to the grounds. &nbsp;I made my way over to the Potowatomi Stage and it was already pretty packed! &nbsp;I've never been to a music festival this big so I didn't really know what to do. &nbsp;I was sure that Indi and Todd the Oilman would be at the concert but I didn't see anyone in the front row. &nbsp;I finally found a seat in the second row and parked my butt there for two hours. &nbsp;(Going alone to a open-seating concert makes it really tough to decide whether to go to the bathroom or lose your seat!)
<BR>
<BR>I was really confused for a long time because people just sat through the 8 o'clock act. &nbsp;Were we expected to SIT for an Oils show?!? &nbsp;But as soon as the Chesterfields vacated the stage, people started to stand up and crowd around the stage. &nbsp;Finally, I saw Indi making his way through the crowd and Todd a few rows back. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Right around 10 o'clock, the Oils came out! &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Here's the fashion report for C-ko (since she couldn't make it) and any other interested parties: &nbsp;Nothing too interesting this time around...
<BR>Jim, sporting a full thick beard, wore dark shirts and dark pants. &nbsp;
<BR>Bones: &nbsp;Dark shirt, zippered cargo pants (the kind that zip off into shorts)
<BR>Rob: his usual sleeveless red t-shirt (guess he needs room to flail his arms about)
<BR>Martin: &nbsp;wore a dark shirt over a T-shirt saying "Nuclear Waste Can Kill"
<BR>Peter: &nbsp;red shirt with a nuclear waste logo, changed into an Amnesty Intl shirt for encore.
<BR>
<BR>The beginning of the show lacked that powerful energy I've come to expect of them. &nbsp;They were good, just not pumping with excitement. &nbsp;It could have been my spot in the crowd too - even though I was in the second row, I was surrounded on three sides by people so stiff you wondered why they were even up in front.
<BR>
<BR>But with King of the Mountain, the guys really turned things up and rocked. &nbsp;They kept throwing out these pounding songs - I could hardly keep my breath with all the jumping and dancing. &nbsp;The River Runs Red - Only the Strong montage was awesome and a nice surprise too. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>I managed to persuade a security guy to give me a set list. &nbsp;Boy, there were some guys miffed about that!
<BR>
<BR>I'll be at the Madison show on Thursday, probably pretty early to get up in front. &nbsp;Young skinny asian girl looking really happy. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>See you there!
<BR>Judy</FONT></HTML>

--part1_186.a4885a7.2a59b3dc_boundary--