Midnight Oil

SV: [Powderworks] FW: Midnight Oil newsletter, Whammo 22Jan02

Maurice R. Kelly mkelly@deadheart.org.uk
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 11:58:26 +0000 (GMT)

On Jan 23, Bjorn Blomquist wrote:

> Of course that would be the best thing if we all could do so. The problem is we don't know when it gets released here (or like Magnus wrote to me: *if* it gets released...), and we don't want to wait an eternity for it do we! The web site says "March/April" for Europe, and they have already changed the Australian release from February 11th to the 25th...

I reckon this move is another tactic to encourage domestic sales in the
US.

> I actually *did* wait for 'Redneck Wonderland' to arrive to my local shop, and I think that was a month or two after the Australian release date. So sure, I could do it again but I don't want to. However I'm not going to follow Maurice's advice to buy both releases, just to "boost the sales up". Once I have the album I have it.

Hey, I'm suggesting it for one main reason. If a lot of European workers
buy imports then it distorts the bands "picture" of the fanbase. I want to
see the Oils later this year in Europe. I don't want to see them call off
a Euro tour because of disappointing record sales.

Still, not everyone feels the same way about the Oils, and while I might
be prepared to buy the same album three times from different territories,
I can understand why other people wouldn't.

Cheers,

--
Maurice R. Kelly
mkelly@deadheart.org.uk