Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Best Oils album for introduction

Powdworker@aol.com Powdworker@aol.com
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 09:37:39 EST

--part1_85.161de5d1.297adeb3_boundary

In a message dated 1/16/02 8:47:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, Bawolski@aol.com
writes:

> I ordered the Australian version of D&D just so I could hear that song, and
> I'm
> real glad I did - it is a great one.  Maybe it seems like an afterthought
> because
> Sometimes is such a great tune to use as the album closer - which obviously
> the
> Oils did on the version released in the States.
> Mike

I have noticed this aspect of "Sometimes" also -- for many years. What
exactly *does* make a song a good closer for either an album or a show?
Besides just being a great rocker? I mean, lots of songs are great rockers
but not necessarily great closers. Thoughts? Opinions?

Cheers,
Patty
"Don't leave your heart in a hard place" -- Midnight Oil, "Sometimes"

--part1_85.161de5d1.297adeb3_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Trebuchet MS" LANG="0">In a message dated 1/16/02 8:47:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, Bawolski@aol.com writes:
<BR>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">I ordered the Australian version of D&amp;D just so I could hear that song, and I'm
<BR>real glad I did - it is a great one. &nbsp;Maybe it seems like an afterthought because
<BR>Sometimes is such a great tune to use as the album closer - which obviously the
<BR>Oils did on the version released in the States.
<BR>Mike
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR></FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Trebuchet MS" LANG="0">I have noticed this aspect of "Sometimes" also -- for many years. What exactly *does* make a song a good closer for either an album or a show? Besides just being a great rocker? I mean, lots of songs are great rockers but not necessarily great closers. Thoughts? Opinions?
<BR>
<BR>Cheers,
<BR>Patty
<BR>"Don't leave your heart in a hard place" -- Midnight Oil, "Sometimes"
<BR></FONT></HTML>

--part1_85.161de5d1.297adeb3_boundary--