Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] The Real Thing Thang

Tari, Vince fstariv1@nmhg.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:04:02 -0600

b wrote ;

> This is a video collage from the Newtown Theater gig. All songs are
> complete.  The first couple of songs are with Rob up front at
> the small kit,
> and the balance are with him at the back. Does anyone
> remember the date?  .

It was on the 18th July 2000 at the sadly under-utilised Newtown Theatre. PG
seemed to like the grand old sandstone theatre and he did say on the night
that "we may just come here more often". That has not yet eventuated
unfortunately. The only other major  gig since then has been You Am I
supported by the now world famous Strokes last year.

>It> seems to me that this was the Radio Station 2JJ Birthday
> celebration show???
> Yes? Can someone please set me straight here?

No, wasn't for Triple J's birthday. Think you may be confusing it with the
Triple M birthday gig at the State Theatre about month later.
This show was a "secret" warm up gig for the Real Thing accoustic/electric
tour which followed.

It was presented by Channel V as they were interviewing people on the street
outside the theatre before & after the show. I think it was filmed & shown
by Channel V a few months afterwards.

Cheers,

Vince