Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Best Oils album for introduction

Jeff McLean jeffmof@replicant.apana.org.au
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 07:58:22 +1100

g'day andy,

you wrote :
But is it just me, or does Gunbarrel Highway seem like an afterthought?
I've only heard it a couple of times, and to me, it doesn't quite fit
with
the character of the other songs on the album.  But what do I know?  :)

<splutter ...booo...hooo...>
poor gunbarrel!  that's a GREAT song.  we were talking about fave bits
of songs before.  well, that key shift (or whatever happens in the
middle of the song when they sing something like "nothing can be longer
than a corrigated roooooooaaaaddddd..." is awesome.  unfortunately, my
GH is scratched to buggery so on the rare occasions when i hear it all
the way through, i revell in it...

cheers,
joffa