Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] CDNOW interview

Serandipitey@aol.com Serandipitey@aol.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:04:03 EST

--part1_27.214b8d46.297736b3_boundary

 Nice interview....here's a quote I particularily liked:

"We always felt that once we had a platform for our music we weren=E2=80=99t=
 going to=20
repeat ourselves and become idiot puppets -- preserving ourselves in castor=20
oil and behind eyeliner as we promenaded around the world playing pop star."

And maybe that's why they aren't more popular- they refuse to buy in to=20
mainstream-top 40 culture. Seriously, look around at the music that is top 4=
0=20
these days, and tell me how you fit a band like midnight oil into that=20
environment.

   =20
   =20

--part1_27.214b8d46.297736b3_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"> Nice interview....here's a quote I particularily like=
d:
<BR>
<BR>"</FONT><FONT  COLOR=3D"#333333" SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"V=
erdana" LANG=3D"0">We always felt that once we had a platform for our music=20=
we weren=E2=80=99t going to repeat ourselves and become idiot puppets -- pre=
serving ourselves in castor oil and behind eyeliner as we promenaded around=20=
the world playing pop star."
<BR>
<BR>And maybe that's why they aren't more popular- they refuse to buy in to=20=
mainstream-top 40 culture. Seriously, look around at the music that is top 4=
0 these days, and tell me how you fit a band like midnight oil into that env=
ironment.
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>   =20