Midnight Oil

[Powderworks] Random ramblings and questions

Jussi Korhonen jussihk@kolumbus.fi
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 13:14:33 +0200

 > I was wondering what other people thought of this album?

I heard Red Sails before I started to like the band, and the first
experience was really bad.. I didn't even listen to it through. Nowadays I
like it more but it's really not one of my favourite Oils albums as it has
the absolutely terrible "Helps Me Helps You" song which I always skip when
I play the album. But there are some great tracks such as "Jimmy
Sharman's", "Sleep", "Shipyards" and "Who Can Stand in the Way" and
"Harrisburg" - I usually only listen to those tracks and not play the whole
album. "Bakerman", "Generals" and "Bells and Horns" are interesting at best.

I think I listen to this album once a year or something like that.

Jussi